I trained and worked as a family lawyer and mediator at Farrer & Co, one of the top London law firms, for over a decade. In that time I was involved in many complicated divorce and finance cases and difficult disputes over children.
Having realised that I wanted to help clients with both their emotional as well as legal needs, I then trained for several years to become a counsellor, bringing these skills into my legal practice.
I completed my academic training to become an integrative counsellor in 2017 and set up Carvalho Mediation & Therapy in 2018 with the aim of helping people to both look after themselves and deal with conflict.
I live in Ealing and spend my spare time mediating disputes between my children, practising yoga and pilates and taking my pet pug for walks.
- Advanced Diploma Humanistic Integrative Counselling (CPPD – BACP Accredited) – Distinction
- Certificate Counselling Skills (Mary Ward Centre – ABC Accredited) – Distinction
- Foundation Mediation training (Resolution)
- BPP Legal Practice Course – (BPP – Commendation)
- MSc Criminology & Criminal Justice (Oxon) – 1:1
- BA Hons Law (Oxon) – 2:1
- The Law Society
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Family Mediators Association